Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MORE History of the Debate

You know, the more I look at the history of this debate, the more I see that there really IS no debate.

What I mean is, there is no intellectual honesty directed at the theonomic position. All I see is an attitude of reblellion. That's the way I see it. I want some honest debate, and frankly, I'm not seeing it. What I see is well-meaning Christians with a bad attitude.

They will not argue on the basis of any kind of logic, but only express their own rebellion to the authority of Jesus Christ. This of course is very disturbing and makes this topic of utmost importance to the Church. This issue is of prime importance as far as I can tell, and the publishers and prognasticators of any theology short of theonomy, it would seem to me, are in dire need of a public repentence and refutation of all previously published opinions.

I will restate my previous opinion here: "the anti-theonomist will bend over backwards to explain away any claim of the authority of Jesus Christ over their non-believing neighbors, and thus, the authority of Jesus Christ in our own culture which is practically expressed by Christian and non-Christian alike".

No comments: