Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Like to Hear Myself Talk!

ZOOM In!  It's FUNNY! You know, in light of some of the superficial and yet voluminous stuff I've been posting today, somebody's bound to think eventually, that I'm just some arrogant and conceited fool who likes to hear himself talk! And worse yet, that I don't know what the he** I'm talking about. Well please, let me clarify my motives for why it is that I write, and thus, restating my reasons for starting this blog in the first place.

Writing, discussing, debating, conversation, etcetera, all help me formulate my thoughts. Sometimes my thoughts get so conflicted if left unattended or un-expressed that I just get confused and so refuse to carry my thoughts any further and abandon anymore consideration of what I was originally thinking about! I never come to any conclusions about anything that way. So, thank God for computers, I have an online "filing cabinet" for my thoughts. Making my file cabinet public, as in this blog format, also holds me accountable just because, you know, somebody else just might be looking at what I'm thinking about. This way, my thoughts not only have to make sense to me, but I've got to at least try to make them understandable for somebody else.

So, primarily, I write to organize my thoughts. Secondarily, since I am predisposed to the theonomic position, and this blog is dedicated to organizing my thoughts on that position, I also write to eventually convince others that this is the "correct" position to take. After all, if it isn't, then my thoughts should obviously be directed elsewhere. Hence the "Theonomic Assault" theme that I've chosen for this blog. I am attempting to assault any other position that might be based on anything other than the word of God to see if and how those contrary positions will hold up. I am still trying to work this out in my thinking, and therefore, in my writing.

So, if you notice one day that all of a sudden I'm posting a lot of "stuff", don't feel guilty if you don't have the time or the interest to read it, I'm primarily, more than likely, just thinking out loud for my own benefit. So in the sense I've just explained, yes, I do like to hear myself talk, but only so that I can tell if what I'm thinking about makes any sense. Make sense?

Oh, and happy Valentine's Day.


No comments: